Do you want to learn more about the 3Tree Yoga teachers? Every month our blog will feature one of our yoga instructors. This month we interviewed Emily King. Emily's yoga classes are fun, inviting and challenging.
Emily's 3Tree Teaching Schedule
Saturday | 10a Hatha
"Born in Michigan, I have lived and traveled all over the United States. Texas has been my home since October 2014 and in 2016 I completed my 200-hr Teacher Training with Dr. Tiffany Denny. Off the mat, I study Krav Maga (a melding of martial arts, street fighting and self-defense) and you’ll almost always find me trying something new; whether that be exploring a new park, traveling the world, or just experimenting with an unfamiliar recipe."
Teacher Feature Interview: Emily King
1. When planning a yoga class or workshop, I look for sequence and theme inspiration… in other forms and mediums of art (books, movies, dance, nature)
2. My absolute favorite thing about being a yoga teacher is…the chance to share something important to me with others
3. The most memorable yoga class/workshop/training/retreat I’ve taught… my first class. It was an empowering, and daunting, experience.
4. Top three people, places or things that I am personally inspired by are... Scarlett O'Hara; Cairo, Egypt; Hogwarts
5. My all-time favorite book, blog or quote of inspiration is….
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And you are the g[al] who'll decide where to go.
6. My close friends and family would describe me with these three words: passionate, capricious, capable
7. I always find bliss… in excellent food
8. As a yoga teacher, I never leave home without…pants
9. Something people may find surprising about me is... I drive a manual transmission vehicle.
10. My idea of an adventure is... hopping on a plane to anywhere.
11. My idea of the perfect day is... April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.