Nancy Deison, RYT-500
There are lots of reasons to love yoga. Here are a few of favorites according to Nancy:
- Yoga is mindful movement with breath. That is a challenge I can work on every day.
- Yoga is quiet. (Unless we do a little screaming.) I do crave the absence of noise pollution.
- The benefits of a yoga practice have been scientifically proven. The more I learn about yoga the more I appreciate its brilliance.
- I like the emphasis on peace and harmony in class and in my life.
- I like people who like yoga. It is fun to participate in a community.
- I appreciate the accessibility of yoga. I am not dependent on time, place or another person. I can do yoga every day.
- When I am taking a class with a teacher I love and admire, yoga tells me I am my own best teacher.
- When I am teaching a class I appreciate each student. I am grateful to observe another’s learning process.
- Yoga is best practiced every day. Routine suits me.
- Yoga makes me smile. Some of the poses are awkward. Some are irritating. Others are totally impossible today. When I do a beautiful headstand with my grandchildren I have to laugh because I have never done a beautiful headstand in a class.
- The “Ego Eradicator” is a great reason to love yoga.
- Yoga tells us to do our best. Our best is enough. I like that.
- Yoga encourages me to strengthen my body, calm my mind, observe my thoughts, improve my breathing, become flexible and contribute to peace on earth.
If one of these reasons strikes a chord, Nancy looks forward to seeing you in a class soon!